Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stonehenge...rocks?

It's been a week since I posted. I'm really behind. Not a lot has happened, but when I wait this long it gets hard for me to remember what all I did. And I've got a poetry mid-term tomorrow that I need to study for and Emily is making snicker-doodles tonight and I have to make sure I'm through studying when they're ready or all the boys will come and eat them! So, after being in class from 1:30 to 4:15, I'm taking a blog break before I go volunteer and then, it's study time! Uh...but I've only got 45 minutes, so we're banking on a miracle here!

On Thursday, Emily made a chocolate souffle and I was put in charge of getting the ice cream. So I was walking to the store and I met up with some people who were walking back to the house from dinner and they offered to walk with me and then one of the ice cream stores was too expensive so we ended up walking to a different one and it took a long time but I was having fun so it was cool. Then I ended up sleeping on the couch in the common room in the other house because I fell asleep watching a movie in there! It was a comfy couch though, so that was good. Then I went and got moo moo's milkshakes for a bunch of people. I'm sure I looked like an idiot walking there and back because I had to take a box so I could carry them all. It was a bit ridiculous. I stood in line for about an hour. Eh. Then Friday night, I got invited to go to Stonehenge the next day.

So, Saturday, I woke up early and got my stuff together and we walked to the train station and went to bath again. There were people in our group who hadn't been to bath yet so they wanted to go see some of the things in the town and this time I had my camera! So I got a bunch of cool pictures of the places that I hadn't gotten last time, plus cool pictures of Stonehenge! I was walking around the gift shop with one of the guys and he found a shirt that said "Stonehenge Rocks" and he thought it was so funny! He talked about it all day. Another group went to bath just to see the sights and we kept running in to them everywhere we went! It was great! So we all accidentally met up at the train station and then we got back and got some dinner and watched a movie but it was late and I was tired so I went to bed.

Then on Sunday, we went to Church and then got lunch at this place called "Nando's" and it was SO GOOD! It's basically a restaurant that only serves chicken. Oh man. So good! Then we did an assigned walk for our walking class, and went and got ice cream and then went shopping for a while and then came back to the house and hung out for a bit until devo at 9:00 then everyone went to bed because we had to be up at an ungodly hour to get on a bus to go to London and go to the parliament building! So, Monday we did that, and I thought it was super boring, but we got to go to the tower of London afterwards and that was pretty fun. I was super tired when we got back, though. Then, one of the girls invited me to Berlin with them one weekend and so now I'm super excited about that!

We started baking for the boys, and now they're over here, in our kitchen, ALL THE TIME! Which is cool because we have a great time talking and just hanging out, but then if we forget (like tonight) to make something we said we would, the pressure is on and we have situations where a group of three guys walks in wondering where the cake is. Emily and I discovered google translate yesterday. We were talking about what we should give up for Lent because neither of us had ever done it before so we thought we'd try it out. So we decided on gossip. Now, I just want to make it clear, both of us realize that gossip is not something that we should resume after 40 days! But we talked about it and decided it was a lot easier to say that it's a 40 day thing at first. Anyway, we said we were giving up gossip and then decided that it would probably be easier to give up talking! So I went online and found google translate which will read anything you type into it. I'd say we spent a good 8 hours talking to each other that way, and talking to everyone else that way too. People tried to pretend like they were too cool for it, but everyone laughed!! And one guy joined in and actually one-upped our computer voices. It was so fantastic. Then, we started making videos for people using the voices...it takes us like 10 tries, every video we make just because it's too funny!

And now, I have to go to bed. I was going to stay up and study, but I feel like a solid four hours in the morning is better than falling asleep on my notes tonight. I'll try to post one more time before I leave for spring break on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment